A Closer Look at the Game of Thrones Single Malt Scotch Whisky Collection
This morning we reported on the Game of Thrones Single Malt Scotch Whisky Collection, a set of eight whiskies being released to “honor the great houses and the Night’s Watch” with single malts from Cardhu, Clynelish, Dalwhinnie, Lagavulin, Oban, Royal Lochnagar, The Singleton, and Talisker.
Labels for all eight bottles have since popped up in the TTB database, revealing new information about the whiskies that will make up the collection:
- House Baratheon – Royal Lochnagar 12 Year Old (40% ABV)
- House Greyjoy – Talisker Select Reserve (45.8% ABV)
- House Lannister – Lagavulin 9 Year Old (46% ABV)
- House Stark – Dalwhinnie Winter’s Frost (43%)
- House Targaryen – Cardhu Gold Reserve (40% ABV)
- House Tully – The Singleton of Glendullan Select (40% ABV)
- House Tyrell – Clynelish Reserve (51.2% ABV)
- The Night’s Watch – Oban Bay Reserve (43% ABV)
It appears the Cardhu, Dalwhinnie, and Royal Lochnagar releases will be of existing whiskies in new Game of Thrones inspired packaging, while the Clynelish, Lagavulin, Oban, Singleton, and Talisker will be new releases crafted specifically for the Game of Thrones collection.
Taking into consideration the retail price of the existing Cardhu, Dalwhinnie, and Royal Lochnagar whiskies, along with the young age statements and lack of age statements across the entire line-up, we predict all whiskies in the collection will land on retail shelves in the $35-$75 range.
The Game of Thrones Single Malt Scotch Whisky Collection releases this fall alongside White Walker by Johnnie Walker, a Game of Thrones inspired blended Scotch whisky.
Update: Pricing and release date announced.